by Stephen Smith
The special session’s adjournment was 5:45 P.M. and the regular session began at 6:00 P.M. During the regular session, Eureka’s City Council voted on Councilmember Linda Atkins’ motion to investigate a pilot project for a detached bedrooms campground built by a third-party. The motion would also fund a $21,000 study by Focus Strategies to determine scope of work need to implement rapid re-housing.
Clarification on the motion
- The pilot project is to include detached bedrooms, which are tiny homes and not tents.
- The pilot project would be built/maintained by a third party.
- The pilot project would have a defined length of time ( 1yr-1 1/2yr ) to see if pilot is effective.
- The pilot project would be funded initially by grants and not city funds.
- The motion would include a site selection process.
The motion was amended by Councilmember elect Natalie Arroyo to ask for site constrains from staff (ex. wetland restrictions).
Vote was taken with unanimous Yes vote, motion carried.
You can watch the regular session here: City of Eureka Archived Videos : 12/16/2014 Regular Session
or listen to a mp3 here: City of Eureka Archived Audio: 12/16/2014 Regular Session